Saturday 20 August 2016

SECOND CHANCE SUMMER : BOOK REVIEW


I'm a book worm. I love finding an amazing book that can entrance and transport me to a world that is somehow better than my own... we all need a little escape sometimes, and I just happen to escape by diving head first into a world that isn't my own.
I have just finished a wonderful book: Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. This is the second book I've read from Morgan Matson and I have to say I truly enjoy reading her work. She writes in such a way that you can really relate to some aspect of the novel.
Without giving too much away, this book is about the Edwards family, who have never been close to each other. However, when Robin Edwards is diagnosed with Stage Four Pancreatic Cancer, the family decided to take one last trip to their lake house for the summer. This proves to be a problem for eldest daughter, Taylor, as the last time she was at the Lake, she left her best friend and boyfriend without an explanation.
It's a story of love, loss and discovering yourself as we follow Taylor through her struggle of coming to terms with her Father's illness and making amends with the people she left behind.
Second Chance Summer made me laugh, it made me cry, and it made me reconsider my own relationship with my family, but what I love the most about this book is that it made me feel.
I would highly recommend giving this book a read, as I am 100% sure that you'll not  be disappointed. Also check out other novels by Morgan Matson as they are equally as heart warming and emotional.
Let me know if you would like more book reviews. I really enjoy expressing my feelings about my most recent read but unfortunately can't find anyone willing to listen for more than 3 minutes!
Until next time...
C.

No comments:

Post a Comment