Thursday 18 August 2016

AND THE RESULTS ARE IN

So it's that time of the year again: results day. I am going into my last year of school before university and today I got my AS results. For those of you who don't know what A-Level and AS exams are, A-Levels are the exams you do in your very last year of school and the results determine whether you can do your preferred course in university. AS exams are the exams you do in your second last year of school that count towards your final results.
Today I got up at 7:00am and drove to school to find out the results of the exams that I can barely remember doing in May... I got 3 B's. Do not be fooled by the tone in which you may be reading this post, I am very pleased with my results (especially given the fact that I didn't start studying until at least 2 days before each exam).
I'm not a big headed person, but I know I'm intelligent, as is every single being on this earth. At the end of the day, exam results do not define who you are as a person, and that, my lovlies, is what truly counts. I would rather have received 3 E's and know I have a good heart than 3 A's and be known for being an ignorant, know-it-all.
So, if you're opening your own envelope of exam results today and are slightly disappointed at the outcome, just remember that you are so much more than those little letters printed on a sheet of paper. Exams do not test your intelligence, they test your ability to remember certain facts and as a human being, you are so much more than what you can remember about the effects of obesity on an individual's psychological well being (something I had to memorise for one of my exams)and amazing exam results doesn't guarantee a successful future, the same way failing your exams doesn't mean you're going to end up homeless and unemployed.
Whatever you take away from this post, I want you to know that each and every one of you is unique and extraordinarily talented in your own way- don't you dare let anyone try to tell you that you're not enough.
Until next time...
C.

No comments:

Post a Comment