Sunday 13 November 2016

LACKING MOTIVATION

Hi my little... potato cupcakes? I'm trying to think of a cute lil' name for you guys but clearly I'm not very good at it, if you have any suggestions, do let me know in the comments.
Todays post is about motivation, or the lack of motivation I've been experiencing lately, for that matter. Sometimes it is just sooo hard staying motivated and getting things done. I find that I can stay focused for about 20-30 minutes.. and then I lose all motivation and can't get anything else done.
This is a particular problem for me when I am trying to get coursework or homework done. Take this morning for example, I got up early so that I could get my coursework wrapped up early and have the rest of the day to myself. I did a good 30 minutes of work, while listening to Christmas music (I know I'm early but don't kill me), but after I got halfway through, I found that the quality of my writing was plummeting! This is not going to get me as much marks as I need to get into my university course, so I decided to stop and do some online shopping instead. Can you see why this is a problem?
There has also been very little motivation for a blog post this week. Do you guys ever find it difficult to think so something to write about? I haven't had a very interesting week, nor have I taken any 'blog worthy' photographs this week and unfortunately, this means I've had very little to write about (hence why I'm writing about having nothing to write about).
However, when I feel my motivation beginning to slip, there are 3 simple things I do to clear my mind and I'm going to share these things with you, in the hopes that they'll help if ever you experience a sudden drop in your motivation.
1. Take a break. Sometimes it isn't a lack of motivation you're experiencing, sometimes you've just fried your brain and need to take a lil' break before getting back at it. When I say break, I don't mean week long holiday to Bora Bora, I mean a 10 minute 'pause'. Go to the toilet, make a snack, drink some water, really you can do anything that doesn't involve thinking about your work. Don't go off and watch 4 episodes of Keeping Up With The Kardashians or (like me) go on a cheeky spending spree on the internet. Just take a while to clear your mind and chill out.
2. Listen to some relaxing music. This is great for clearing your mind and ensuring that when you get back work, your mind is nice and fresh and ready to get back into it. It doesn't even have to be relaxing music (but I find it works best).
3. Shower or cleanse your face. Personally I think having a clean body equates to having a clean mind. When I feel all grubby and dirty and my hair isn't clean, I just feel like I am not on my game and everything I do, is done half-ass. I absolutely hate this feeling, but its amazing how a simple shower can clear up your mind and make you think clearer.
These are just what I find very helpful when I've hit a bump in the road and am struggling to stay focused and motivated.
I'm sorry if this post is a bit rubbish and you didn't like it very much, hopefully next week will be better.
How was your week? Did you do anything exciting?
Until next time...
C.


No comments:

Post a Comment